The Shiv Nadar University Central Library is the soul of the institution and it has an extensive collection of books, scientific and technical journals and electronic reference materials for satisfying the academic and research needs of students and faculty community. The Library and Information Centre consists a Reference Section, Circulation Section, Audio-visual Section, Periodical Section, Book Bank and Digital Library. The University library has automated all its library activities through KOHA Software Package to provide effective and wide range of academic resources such as books, journals, online databases, DVDs and other useful materials. In addition to the central library the departmental library system is being developed for all the schools established by the University.
New Library Building for providing Effective Services:
Now SNU Central library has shifted its new spacious modern library building. The library is occupied two floors of its new library building with a capacity of 35000 square feet. There is a cafeteria at entrance for catering the refreshments needs of the readers. There are plenty discussion rooms with necessary IT and multimedia connections for satisfying the academic and research needs of students as well as faculty. Cubicles with shelves have been equipped for researchers who are doing their serious research. Comfortable sofa sets, chairs, tables with power points have been arranged for the readers, who are spending a long time for their academic and research purposes. Student service center has been created for providing instant reprography, scanning, printing services for all the readers. The SNU library management is now ready to offer World class modern library and information services to all its reader community with the latest infrastructure facilities provided by University authorities.
Vision & Mission:
- SNU library will be an excellent, modern knowledge resource center to disseminate latest information for teaching, learning and research of the University's diverse community by providing modern library and information services.
- Maintain effective national and international resource sharing network relations towards disseminating more value added information services to all the University community within the library budget limits.
- Adopt effective online digital innovative policy, encourage lifelong learning and implement the best management practices.
- Start and improve the usability and development of library's newly subscribed information resources.
- Improve and develop the learning, teaching and research facilities of the University by procuring the outstanding collections of Online Digital Resources.
- Develop network resource sharing relations with consortia partners and other institutional libraries.
- Develop SNU digital archive library.
- Select efficient and qualified staff to offer more value added information services to the University community.
- Library providing printing, scanning and photocopying services to all the faculty and student community.
- Faculty and Student community can retrieve online information relating to all academic activities from the dedicated terminals situated in the library under digital library programme.
- Arranging Online Databases through Local Area Network (LAN) to all the faculty and student community.
- Providing network resource sharing facilities through DELNET and interlibrary loan services from neighbor institution libraries.
The library shall function in the following hours unless otherwise specified by the librarian on all working days (except holidays).
Monday to Sunday: 09.00 A.M to 12.00 Midnight.
Shiv Nadar University,
Post Office Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
District, G.B.Nagar, Uttar Pradesh-201 314; India