The School of Natural Sciences, offers an education which integrates research and innovation into the classroom experience. Its programmes, while covering the individual disciplines in depth, also encourage breaking down barriers between different disciplines and between the theoretical and the applied. Upon completion of this programme, graduates will be well equipped for successful careers in either academia or industry. They will have the training, the exposure, and the creative thinking needed to develop new science and take on challenges such as detecting cancer, modeling complex systems, understanding the consequences of climate change, etc.. Students of our programmes will benefit from the following features, which collectively make them unique in India:
- A flexible and open structure offering easy accessibility to students from various backgrounds.
- The education provided is broad based and attention is given to analysis and communication skills.
- Elective slots enable students to earn credits in any area of interest including courses in theatre, photography, etc.
- The student can choose to specialize in particular applications (such as Financial Engineering, Signal Processing or Bioinformatics) or add a minor in another discipline such as Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, History, Literature, and Management. The choice of minor will be made in consultation with your advisor at the end of the third year.
- Credit will also be earned through attending summer workshops or serving internships in industry. SNU will facilitate placement in internships.
The School of Natural Sciences will partner other leading institutions - in India and abroad - to offer student and faculty exchange and dual/joint degree programmes. Our students will therefore be exposed to the latest developments on the frontiers of knowledge.