Department of Chemistry
Chemistry education at Shiv Nadar University believes in linking the fundamental principles governing the nature of the universe and the science of life itself, based on an active interplay of various traditional and interdisciplinary areas/fields.
The Department is committed to pursuing research on fundamental and applied problems through scientific inquiry, and stimulating the development of innovative interdisciplinary research programs in critical areas of excellence. The primary mission of the Chemistry Department is to:
- Contribute to the advancement and dissemination of chemistry knowledge through educational programs, high-quality publications in peer-reviewed international journals, and innovative patents.
- Devise robust and novel solutions to address the needs of society by promoting research into chemical and interdisciplinary projects.
- Train undergraduate and graduate students and research fellows to become future independent scientists, and serve the needs of the society, academia, and industries.
Our vision is to improve our world through societal-impact, cutting-edge research and innovation. The Department of Chemistry has been ranked among the Top 25 in India in NatureIndex.
Our mode of teaching is "learn by doing," enabling the learning process to be explorative, enjoyable, and engageable. At the undergraduate level, we offer B.Sc. (Research) in Chemistry with/without the option of specializations in Chemical Biology, Computational Chemistry, or Materials Chemistry. Students can also combine a Major in Chemistry with a Minor in any other discipline or vice versa. At the postgraduate level, we offer Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc.(Research), M.Sc. (Research), Integrated B.Sc.-M.Sc.-Ph.D., and Integrated M.Sc.-Ph.D. The flexible and broad curriculum design prepare students not just for a career in chemistry upon graduation but also simultaneously imparts leadership qualities. Opportunities for research in chemistry at the University are available in the following areas:
- Bio-Inorganic Chemistry
- Chemical Biology
- Chemical & Biological Crystallography
- Computational Quantum Chemistry
- Coordination Chemistry
- Green Chemistry
- Materials Chemistry
- Medicinal Chemistry
- Metallo-radical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Polymer Chemistry
- Protein Chemistry
- Supramolecular Chemistry
- Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Ultrafast Spectroscopy
Explore Programs under the Department of Chemistry
Faculty at Department of Chemistry
Despite the great potential of electrochemical energy devices (fuel cells, electrolyzers, rechargeable metal-air batteries, etc.), the high cost, lowperformance, and poor durability of the...
The research interests of the Radical Chemistry and Catalysis group are on the development of new environmentally friendly and economically sustainable methodology for the transformation of...
Despite the potential of electrochemical energy devices, the high cost, low performance, and poor durability of the catalyst-coated electrodes under operating conditions have precluded their...